2011 Brought More Visitors to the Aqueduct Tunnel
School groups from NYC, Brooklyn and Westchester - as well as adult groups - have discovered that the Friends give an exciting presentation of the history of the Aqueduct with tours inside the tunnel and to the Croton Dam.
Here's a sample of the groups:
- 2nd Graders from the Buckley school for boys in NYC (see image right)
- Students from Eugene Lang College (part of the New School)
- The Columbia University Preservation department. (This group did an impressive study of the Aqueduct)
- The Forestry Department of City Parks, NYC.
- 50 twelfth graders from the Wheels School in uptown NYC
- 90 students from Seven Bridges School in Chappaqua
- 50 members of the Bedford Garden Club
In April we are expecting 30 Social studies teachers, who will then pass the story on to
For more information about school and group visits, email Mavis at email@example.com
Columbia University Grad Students
Students form Eugene Lang division of the New School with Carl Grimm.
Forestry Dept of NYC parks